Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Best and Worst Jobs

The worst job as a chef that I have ever had I would say was Burger King. Its not that I didn't like the job it's just fast food is not a field that a upcoming Chef would want to get into. Fast food is what it is Fast Food and with experience you will be underpaid. I also found out about Fast Food that you will work and work and work and your pay and hours will not add up. Fast food is a real disappoint because, its not healthy so you really can't practice your Culinary skills in a Fast Food work place. Cheesecake Factory is my best job I have had so far because your able to be a line cook which most Chef's want to be, your able to practice your craft. At Cheesecake the line cooks are kind of treated like Gods because, we are the one who makes sure the customer is happy with what they ordered. Like a fine dining you have waiters but the Chefs really have the last say so. I like Cheesecake because i'm able to use my skills as far as knife skills, plating food skills, and even Chef skills. As a line cook at Cheesecake I'm able to work with a small team of other cooks so I'm not just learning my station I'm also able to learn other stations and other foods. By far as a Chef Cheesecake is the best job!

No comments:

Post a Comment